Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome to 2008 and to THE BRANCH!

Welcome to THE BRANCH!

This will be the place where I come to record my thoughts, prayers and ideas. I am calling this blog "The Branch." In John 15:5 Jesus said, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." (NKJV) This blog will be a place where I share what God is doing in my life as a branch. I hope you will come here regularly and see what God is doing.


Welcome 2008!

It is hard to beleive. It is hard to accept it. 2008 is here and another year has passed. As I reflect back on 2007 I am amazed at everthing that has happened this year.


  • Mission trip to India

  • 2 Week cruise to Hawaii

  • Dealing with immorality on my church staff in Georgia

  • Leaving my church of 10.5 years to move to First Baptist Church of Sylacauga, Alabama which involved a temporary move to Pell City while we looked for and subsequently found a house to buy.

  • Complete renovation of the house in Sylacauga

  • The death of Max Shelton -- Debbie's mother's husband

  • Surgery for me

  • Clay and Candi's wedding in July -- yes, that is them in the picture -- aren't they a handsome couple?!!!

It is no wonder that Debbie and I spent a quiet evening together on New Year's Eve. It is the way we wanted to spend it. We were in our lake house on Logan Martin Lake. Occasionally someone would shoot fireworks over the water. The reflection in the water was beautiful. I could see it from my recliner where I had spent most of the day watching TV and reading and yes, napping a few times. IT WAS GREAT!!!


To be honest, I hope 2008 is not at "eventful" as 2007. I plan to spend more time in God's Word, prayer and simple seeking of the Father. It will be during these times that God gives me the vision for my new assignment -- First Baptist Church of Sylacauga. It will be during those times that he will continue to give me my intimate relationship with Him. It will be during those times that He teaches me more about who I am IN HIM.


Last Sunday, December 30th, I preached a message called: "It's Not a Resolution, It's a Lifestyle." In that message I encouraged everyone to take each day as it comes. In order to get to January 2nd I must make it through January 1st. Each day will be a new adventure in the Lord. Each day we must live the "lifestyle" in the Spirit! (Romans 8 and Galatians 5) 2008 will be the best year of our lives if we can just understand these truths.


Remember...keep checking back to see what God is doing on "The Branch."


HAPPY 2008!!!!

1 comment:

auburnfan1946 said...

This is wonderful. I need it and my new years resolution is to go to church. I am a Lazy Christian. Love Ya'll Bobbie