Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Keeping the Main Thing the Main Thing

Last night after I came home from the prayer group and settled in to write in this blog I decided to get the DVD of my trial sermon and watch it. Until last night I had not listened to or watched the sermon. The title of the message was "Keeping the Main Thing the Main Thing."

The gist of the message is for the church to be centered on Jesus and not budgets, programs and traditions. As I listened to the message I realized that I needed to share that message again somehow. As I prayed about what to do the Lord showed me that I should show "sound bites" each Sunday before the service or even as a part of the service. The purpose: to remind the church for whom and for what they voted on that HOT Sunday morning in August!

I want to follow the leadership of God and remain true to the promises and truths that I shared on that exciting day in my life!

Over the next few BLOG entries I will be sharing some of the points of the message. For those of you who are members of our church.....remember this is what you voted for!

No comments: