Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Exchanged Life

J. Hudson Taylor was a missionary to China for 51 years. In a letter to his sister, Amelia, in 1869 he talked of a great revelation from God. He shared how he struggled with the Christian life and how holiness seemed always to elude him. The more he tried, the more he struggled. (More on this in another blog!)

It was when he truly realized the "rest" found only in our identification with Christ through faith that the "joy flowed."

The same thing happened to me in 1999. When Christ accepted me and I accepted Him a "great exchange" took place. I traded my life for His. I traded my struggles for His rest. I became a "brand new creation" drawing my life from the life of Christ IN me!

I love the exchanged life! It is a life of grace, joy, peace, productivity and yes...rest!

No comments: