Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Day in Hospital-Land

Today has been a busy wonderful day. As a pastor part of my calling is to minister to the sick. Today, I had the privilege of waiting in the hospital with two families while their loved ones were having surgery.

This morning I went to St. Vincent's hospital in Birmingham to minister to Erskine and Virginia Penton while Erskine had his surgery. Just before the nurses came in to take him to surgery I had the honor of praying with them and their children who had come in for the surgery. When all was said and done, God had completely answered our prayers! The time in the waiting room was very relaxed and we were even able to laugh...ALOT! Erskine got great news concerning his surgery. God is so good!! I learned so much about the families and feel so much closer to them. I saw God move.

Later in the day I sat with the wife of a man who was having knee replacement surgery. I prayed for her as we sat together. The surgery went as planned and again, good news!

I guess my point in writing this blog is to say that I am so thankful that I am a pastor! God allows me to be with people during times of uncertainty and stress. He gives me the honor of praying with them and watching them calm down and see HIS peace take over. I AM TRULY A BLESSED MAN!!!

He is a trustworthy God!

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING. IN ALL YOUR WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM AND HE WILL DIRECT YOUR PATHS. PROVERBS 3:5-6

1 comment:

Kevin Maples said...

You are a blessed man, but many of us are also blessed because God has called you to be a pastor. May many people be encouraged to follow your example.