Saturday, January 12, 2008

I love a good quote......

Several years ago a friend of mine gave me a few CD's by Major Ian Thomas. Major Thomas is the founder of Torchbearer's International. (England) The following quote was from one of those teaching CD's.

Godliness is not the consequence of your capacity to imitate God, but the consequence of His capacity to reproduce himself in you.
Major Ian Thomas

God wants so much more for me than I could ever understand. There have been so many times in my life that I have "tried" so hard to live a Godly, holy life. It has been during those times that I have grown wearly of living the Christian life. It was only after I understood Major Ian Thomas's statement and applied it to my life that I could live in the "rest" of being "in Christ" and "Christ in me."

It is Christ in me, living in me, living through me that will produce Godly fruit.

Galatians 2:20

No comments: