Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Through the water and fire...

Tonight in our service I continued our study in Psalm 91. This exciting scripture leads us throughout the scripture. As I shared with my church family tonight, the Old Testament is the best commentary on the New Testament and vice-versa. As I taught on the ability to “walk without fear” I shared the truth of Isaiah 43. Let me share it with you today --

Isaiah 43

The Redeemer of Israel

1 But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel:

“ Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called
you by your name;
You are Mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
3 For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

Here are some of the basic truths in this passage which are so obvious:

  • God created us
  • God redeemed us
  • God knows your name
  • God will be with you through deep waters (trouble)
  • God will protect you in the fire (desperate times and hopelessness)
  • God is God

Now with those basic truths – why should we be fearful? Think about it!

No comments: