Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rhema

I was reading in the Word this morning and God drew me to this verse: "Be alert, stand firm in the faith, be brave and strong. Your every action must done with love." 1 Corinthians 16:13

There are times when I am studying for a message and God shows me something to include in my sermon. He is usually saying something very practical for our lives. There are other times when I am reading and God shows ME something just for ME. There is a Greek word for when something like this happens. It is Rhema. It means that there is a particular word just for ME. This morning when I read 1 Corinthians 16:13, I knew that it was just for me. I immediately printed it out on a note card and taped in front of my face at my desk!!

~Be Alert
~Stand Firm in the faith
~Be brave and strong
~Every action done with love

When I read these words I immediately remembered John 15:5 which says that I CANNOT DO ANYTHING WITHOUT JESUS! It will be HIM in me and THROUGH me doing these things or I will be in trouble.

Oh, I could fake my way through my day -- believe me I have done it many times before. However, God was calling me to go deeper with Him to trust HIM more and allow HIm to do these things THROUGH me. When I surrender to the LIFE of Christ IN me these things WILL happen!!

Thanks for caring enough to read my blog today! My prayer is that you will be alert, stand firm, be brave and strong and that your every action will be done with love...the love of Christ!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the wisdom God blesses you with. Not everyone is willing to do that. This has blessed me today. Honestly, it brings me to tears, and I don't quite know why, which tells me alot. You and Debbie are so real.

Did I mention that I love my church?