Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tied to the Dock -- NO!!!


"Put everything in your life afloat upon God, going out to sea on the great swelling tide of His purpose, and your eyes will be opened. If you believe in Jesus, you are not to spend all your time in the calm waters just inside the harbor, full of joy, but always tied to the dock. You have to get out past the harbor into the great depths of God, and begin to know things for yourself - begin to have spiritual discernment." Oswald Chambers


When First Baptist Church Sylacauga contacted me about becoming the pastor, I resisted. I prayed so much about that decision. Through the process, God began to put great truth in my path. The quote from Oswald Chambers was one such truth.


I could stay tied to the dock and never experience the adventure, depth and excitement of following God or I could launch out, trust God and allow Him to take me places I have never been before! I chose to launch out and follow God's will.


Here we are in Sylacauga, Alabama. God is moving and I am excited to be here.


I am currently praying about vision for the church. God is revealing some exciting things for the future. These are big dreams and visions.


I am so glad that I am not tied to the dock!!!! Oh Lord, fill my sails and let's go!

No comments: