Thursday, January 24, 2008

Living in the Past or Moving On!?

I love the prophet Isaiah! This gifted prophet of God definately was not afraid of "telling it like it is." Last time on THE BRANCH I mentioned Isaiah 43. Today God showed me something profound as I continued reading in this great chapter in the Word of God. Isaiah 43:18-19 says:

18 “ Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.

Why can't we just move on -- stop living in the past. The Lord clearly teaches in the scriptures that we should not live in the past. Consider the truths of the focus passage for today.

  • Don't dwell on the past because God wants to do something new in our lives everyday.
  • God will make a way for His will to be accomplished.

I have seen this truth in my life more times than I can count. Recently I was thinking about something that happened to me in a former church. I was hurt deeply. It was a terrible time in my life. As I re-lived those terrible memories I started to have the same feelings and emotions. I even "teared up" for a few minutes. I realized at that moment that what I was doing was not productive!!! God immediately reminded me that Romans 8:28 is real -- He can take all things and work them for my good...and HE did! I am a much more mature believer today because of that tough time in my life. God made a way. READ: Proverbs 3:5-6.

Did you see what it said?

  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart and stop trying to figure everything out.
  • God will direct you path -- this means that God will literally clear the way for the future!

Are you dwelling in the past? Move on!!! You can't change what has already happened, but God can change your today!!!

No comments: