Monday, May 12, 2008

My Reminder Article

Sharon told me that there was not room for my article in our church newsletter because there are so many senior portraits. I am posting it here for those from FBC-Sylacauga who reads my blog --

Dear Church Family,

I saw something beautiful last night in the church service. At the end of the service, God impressed on me to call forward a young man who has been visiting our church. He has been having some health problems. It was such a beautiful sight to see the “body of Christ” lavish their prayers and love on this young man. Most people do not even know him but were willing to come to the altar and pray for him! Thanks to the body for being the body. When one member of the body of Christ hurts we all suffer. I am sure that this young man will never forget the night at First Baptist when the saints of God went to the throne of God on his behalf. God is so good!

A few important reminders –

  • Pastor’s Book Club – check the web site or call the office for details.
  • 175th Anniversary – May 25th – a great day of celebration
  • Sunday’s In the Park – an awesome time of fellowship and OUTREACH to the community. One Sunday night per month during the summer.

I will be starting to preach through the book on Nehemiah on Sunday mornings. I hope you will join us!

Thanks for all of the food, cards, phone cards and visits as I have recovered from my surgery. Each expression of love has brightened my day in some way!

Did you know…..you can view our services on the church web site?
www.sylacaugafbc.org

I am in much prayer and study at this point of my ministry with you. I believe that we are at a crossroads – please be in prayer and seek God with me. The most important thing that can happen here is for us to be the instrument of God’s will!

Galatians 2:20,
Brother
T

No comments: