Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Feeling Better....Finally!

This morning when I woke up I experienced something very interesting...I woke up for the first time in over a year without pain.

I have been dealing with this pain problem for one year. The strange thing about it is that I had grown to expect it. I would wake up and say "yep -- there it is." It had become such a part of my life that I was sort of used to it. It was there, but I had just conditioned myself to go on -- even if it was hurting.

I have come to realize that the strongholds of Satan are much the same way. Here is how he (Satan) works in our lives. He gradually comes to us with some sort of temptation. We fall for his lies and they become a part of our daily living. (A stronghold) The more we endure them, the more conditioned we become to their presence in our lives. We simply get used to them. As a result of this deception we grow cold in our passion for walking with Jesus and doing ministry. We simply (little by little) quench the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives!

Recently I had surgery to correct my "pain problem." For almost two weeks now I have been in recovery. There have been many days when I hurt more than I did before the surgery. However, this morning I started to realize tha the surgery worked! I noticed the difference in my attitude, energy level and general health. As I walked out of my office this afternoon I was humming a happy tune. My secretary said, "it sure is good to hear you humming a tune again." Pain free is wonderful!

Now when I realize that Jesus has corrected my sin problem and all I really need to do is walk accordingly -- it affects my attitude, energy level and my general health; both physical and especially spiritually! Romans 6 makes something very clear -- sin no longer has dominion (strong hold power) over me! FREEDOM!!!

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!
Pastor Tim Childers

No comments: