Thursday, May 8, 2008

Locking our Shields of Faith!

This afternoon when I walked out of the doctor's office I was smiling. My doctor said that I should take it easy for another week and then everything should be great. I suspected that was what he was going to say because I have felt so much better over the past couple of days. Praise the Lord. My situation is so minor compared to what some people are going through right now, but I am still so thankful that God has answered prayer concerning my health.

Have you ever experienced a time in your life when you were going through some trial or hard time and all of the sudden it seems like the burden is lifted for a time? I have experienced this alot lately. It is as if a switch has been flipped and the oppression if lifted with the switch. I have come to believe that during those times that a prayer warrior somewhere is praying! I call this "locking shields."

I am teaching a Bible study on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. at First Baptist of Sylacauga. The study is from Ephesians 6:10-18 -- "The Armor of God." Paul teaches concerning spiritual warfare in the most practical, visual way. He uses the armor of the Roman soldier to illustrate our defense and battle strategy in this spiritual war called the Christian life.

The Roman soldier's shield was designed to lock together with his comrad in arms. The point is: two is better than one -- there is strength in numbers. My point is: someone locked into my shield in prayer! If that person is reading this blog -- THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you brother!

even though we return from battle wounded, we are not slain. we shall rise up to fight again.

CLICK CLICK I HAVE GOT YOUR BACK.