Sunday, May 25, 2008

Great Day!

Today we celebrated 175 years as a church -- First Baptist Church of Sylacauga, Alabama. Our church started in 1833 in a small frame building.

As Linda Dickson, our History Committee chairperson read the accomplishments of the church through the years, she recounted some of the accomplishments of the former pastors. One president, Dr. Wm. K. Weaver went on to become the president of Mobile College (The University of Mobile.) Dr. A. H. Reid was the president of Howard College (Samford University) where Reid Chapel at the univeristy named for him. I doubt if I will ever be a university president. I am not sure if I will ever be published. I am sure of this...God will do with me what He will. My greatest accomplishment is giving my life to Jesus!

We had a great day of celebration -- TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

No comments: