Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Bird Cage

I am so sorry that I have not posted in the last few days! I will try to do better in the future. Thanks for checking in each day.

Also, don't forget to go to Debbie's blog. Check to the right for the link. She is an awesome writer and has some great insights into scripture!

Recently, driving down May's Bend Drive in Pell City near our lake house. I noticed the most peculiar thing. There was a bird cage hanging on the porch with a couple of birds inside. I started to think about it and I thought to myself, "how cruel." You see, birds are made to fly. It is what they do. Yet those poor birds were in a cage. They were outside...they could see the sky....they could see the potential heights where they could soar above the house, above the cage, high above the trees, yet they were in a cage.

God never designed a bird to be in a cage. God never designed us to be in bondage. As a matter of fact He sent Jesus to set us free, yet so many Christians miss the opportunity to soar, to really experience life, because they are so bound up -- caged by the schemes of the devil. God wants us to be free, but there we sit in our cages.

Remember...John 8:36 says, "Therefore if the Son (Jesus) makes you free, you shall be free indeed." (NKJV)

No comments: