Monday, June 23, 2008

The Secret Place -- Introduction

Introduction

In 1999 a woman in our church, (First Baptist Church of Mableton, Georgia) named Sandra Robinson walked up to me on a Wednesday evening and spoke these words: “Pastor Tim, the Lord told me to tell you to read Psalm 91.”

I went home that evening and did not think much about her statement to me. The next day when I opened my Bible to read Psalm 91, I immediately knew that God was speaking to me in a powerful and direct manner. The words jumped off the page and came alive. My eyes filled with tears as I began to understand that the Most High was calling me to the altar in the Worship Center upstairs from my office.

I ran upstairs, fell on my face at the altar and began to pray Psalm 91 to the Lord. Tears of joy flowed from my eyes as I filled in my name and personalized the entire Psalm. God’s provision, protection and promises were real to me that day. The Word of God is ALIVE!

“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword , piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
Hebrews 4:12 (NKJV)

My prayer for you as you begin this 31 day journey is that Psalm 91 would come alive and be as powerful for you as it did for me. I have designed this devotional study so that with each day you pray Psalm 91 to the Lord, calling upon Him for His provision, protection and promises.

Let God take you to that secret place!

Tim Childers

No comments: