Wednesday, February 20, 2008

An Unexpected Phone Call

On Tuesdays at 9 a.m. our staff meets for planning and prayer. It is a high priority meeting and I "strongly encourage" all staff to attend. In other words -- it's mandatory!

On Tuesday, this week, we were in our staff meeting and suddenly -- my cell phone rang. When I looked at Caller ID I noticed that it was my granddaughter Mattie. When I saw who was calling I immediately turned to the staff and said, "Excuse me, this is my granddaughter, I need to take this."

Later, I was thinking about that phone call and that it was such a high priority to me that I was willing to stop our meeting just to talk to her. How wonderful it is that she wanted to talk to me!

In reality this is the kind of relationship we, as Christians, have with God. He wants us to "interupt" Him. He always takes my call! He is never too busy and I AM A PRIORITY TO HIM! Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call unto me and I will show you great and might things...."

Call on Him right now. Take a few minutes as you read this BLOG and go to God in prayer. Talk to Him about the most intimate parts of your life. Share anything with Him -- HE DOES NOT SCREEN HIS CALLS!

No comments: