Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Psalm 51 -- With Grace

Recently I was studying the Psalms. I love the Psalms. I came across Psalm 51. This great Psalm was written by King David as a Psalm of confession and repentance after he had committed adultery with Bathsheba.

It occured to me as I read this powerful Psalm that God has already done what David asked by sending His mercy and grace to us on the cross. What you are about to read is the result of that prayer/study time. Psalm 51 for us is filled with the grace of God! It is my prayer that you will rejoice as you realize what God has done for you!

Psalm 51 with Grace

You have had mercy on me, O god,
According to your lovingkindness;
According to the multitude of your tender mercies.

You have blotted out my transgressions,
You have washed me thoroughly from my iniquity.
You have cleansed me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgressions,
And my sin is always before me.
Against You, You only , have I sinned
And done this evil in Your sight –

You are just when You speak,
You are blameless when You judge.

Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me. (In Adam)
Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,
And in the hidden part You will fill me with your Spirit and make me to know wisdom.

I have been made clean by the blood of Jesus
I have been washed whiter than snow by your grace
You have given me ears of grace to hear joy and gladness,
Out of my brokenness I will rejoice.

You have hidden Your face from my sins.
You have blotted our all of my iniquities.

You have created a clean heart in me.
You have given me YOUR steadfast Spirit.
You will never throw me away.
You will never take your Spirit from me

You have given me JOY as the fruit of the Spirit.
You hold me up by your overflowing Spirit.
I will teach sinners Your ways and they will be converted.

You have delivered me from the guilt of bloodshead – Oh God of my salvation.
My tongue will sing about Your righteousness.
My mouth will praise You!

You do not want my filthy, bloody, works – You know I would offer them to you.
You do not want burned offerings.
You want my sacrifice to be a broken spirit and a broken heart.
You will not turn these away.

Bless us by building the church on righteousness and truth
Out of You blessings will flow the obedience that you want from us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!

Can I just say Amen
Bruther!

I just feel like something
Good is about to happen and
Bruther it could be
THIS VERY DAY.
PREACH ON BRUTHER!

Anonymous said...

My life has been full or road blocks and i rely on God for a break through and reading this has given me hope.

thank you and now all i can say is
Amen, i really needed some uplifting today