Saturday, February 9, 2008

Clogged Drains

We have been in Georgia at our old house since Thursday evening. There have been some improvements that we have needed to make in order to make the house more appealing for sale.

I cleaned and painted my son's former room and bathroom. That does not sound like much of a chore but honestly, the room was in pretty bad shape. It had not been painted in over 10 years, the carpet needed shampooing and the bathroom also needed some work. All of it was "cosmetic" and was not really difficult -- just time consuming. It took forever to get all of the holes filled and the trim painted, etc. I worked until 2:30 a.m. on Friday morning -- went upstairs and slept on the floor until 6:30 a.m. on Saturday. I got up and went back to work because the carpet cleaning service was to be there at 10 a.m. I completed the work and went upstairs for a break.

Amy came by and brought the grandkids -- we told her that we could keep them on Saturday afternoon. Soon, I heard Amy and Debbie say - TIM WE HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM -- WATER IS ALL OVER THE BASEMENT! Now keep in mind that the carpet guy had just completed the work and the carpet he had shampooed was now flooded (about 1 inch) with nasty water! After $125 to a plumber and no success -- we don't know what is wrong. This could cost anywhere from$250 to $3000.

I must admit that I went through a time of discouragement! I mean...the carpet guy had just pulled out of the driveway! Why? I don't know. I don't have to know. All I need to know is that God is going to take care of us. I know that somehow He will provide!


I know one thing...I love it here in Sylacauga. As I loaded the car and drove away -- I thought (as I saw my former home in the rear view mirror) I can't wait to get to Anniston Drive in Sylacauga -- MY HOME!

I am determined to thank God for those clogged drains -- I am just not sure why!!!! I am certain there will be a sermon in all of this somewhere so I am just praying and waiting!

1 comment:

Kenny Norris said...

Wow. That is all that I can say. Wow.