Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Love of God

This morning I got up out of bed...quietly found the rose and card I bought for Debbie to give to her for Valentine's Day. When she woke up I said, "Good morning -- Happy Valentine's Day." She said, "Thanks, but Valentine's Day is tomorrow." We both had a great laugh and of course I will never live this one down. I am sure she will use this story in many of her teachings over the next few month.

I am sure glad that she loves me -- no matter what! There is a term for that kind of love: Unconditional! Debbie loves me unconditionally!

The good news is that God loves me the same way only more! God's love for me is not determined by what I do or say! God's love for me is strong...and there are no conditions. I love Romans 5:6 where it says that Christ died for the ungodly. If His love had been based on my goodness -- well let's just say I would be in alot of trouble!!

Romans 8 clearly states that nothing can separate us from the Love of God! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

2 comments:

Kevin Maples said...

It could have been a lot worse. You could have forgotten Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

Tim,

You should have told her "I know that, I'm counting down to V-day!"

Frankie