Monday, February 25, 2008

The Faithfulness of God

I am currently in Montgomery, Alabama attending the Alabama Baptist State Evangelism Conference. Basically this conference is designed to get pastors/staff of churches fired up about evangelism. Tonight, I heard two of the best sermons I have ever heard. Herb Reavis and Ergun Caner preached "the paint off the walls" and stirred my heart for winning the lost of Sylacauga. These messages come on the heals of my asking you to pray for our church and those attending the services last Sunday.

I am very excited to tell you that we DID have several decisions on Sunday! And YES! We had one come to the Lord for salvation. I will be following up on his decision when I get home from Montgomery. One of the most exciting things about this is an email that I received from someone who had prayed for someone to come to Christ on Sunday. Below is an exerpt from that email:

God allowed me to participate in this past Sunday and I wanted to share with you how. I met at ************* house for the God Can prayer meeting on Monday. We were going through the outline of suggested prayer topics when I felt the Spirit’s urging me to pray for someone to come to Christ this coming Sunday.

At the time I thought this was a little presumptuous on my part. Who am I to ask God to move when He has things under control, but then I thought, well it would always be in His will to ask for someone to come to Christ. So we prayed and Brother ********** prayed in agreement with me with “Yes Father” and “Yes Lord Jesus”.

So when ***** came down, it was in answer to this prayer and no telling how many others. This is just the one I got to be in on. Now that was neat. To be a part of what God had planned, just by offering up a prayer.


You see -- GOD STILL ANSWERS PRAYER! Will you join me in prayer? HE IS A FAITHFUL GOD!

No comments: