Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Simplicity of Grace

Several years ago God arranged for me to get a glimpse of what His grace is all about. Many of you have heard my testimony about the day when God broke into my depression and shined a very bright light called grace and truth.

Through the years as I have walked with God I have come in contact with people who have complicated the grace of truth of God.

Grace is not complicated at all. We do not deserve God's love, forgiveness, or acceptance. God's grace simply says -- I love you, I forgive you, I accept you! He showed me this in the most wonderful, personal way!

He also shined the light of His truth. I love the truth. The Bible says that it will set you free. Of course Jesus said that we will know the truth and the truth will set us free. Jesus said that if we have the SON then we will be free. Jesus also said the HE is the way the TRUTH and the life. No one will come to the Father unless they go through Jesus!

I understand now that God's simple grace is that Jesus has given me an incredible gift -- something I do not deserve. LIFE -- Abundant, eternal life!

The temptation is to make all of this more complicated that it really is. Keep it simple!

No comments: