Friday, June 6, 2008

Sharpening the Axe

"If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend the first hour sharpening the axe."
Abraham Lincoln
Honest Abe has a point here. Preparation and tools are "everything" when it comes to the task at hand. Today I did a couple of things for my mother-in-law. These jobs were simple tasks but the great thing about doing them for her was that she had everything laid out and ready to go. She had "sharpened her axe" so to speak! I simply had to show up and do the work.
Jesus did not just show up. His coming was foretold throughout the Old Testament. God went to great lengths to prepare for his coming. When Jesus came it was on God's time schedule and plan. God had sharpened the axe for hundreds of years before.
God has told us through His Word that Jesus is coming again. He is sharpening the ax! He is preparing for His arrival through the eastern sky. Are you ready? He is coming!

No comments: