Thursday, June 12, 2008

Honoring God's Word

This Sunday is Father's Day. For some reason Father's Day is not nearly as much of a big deal as Mother's Day! Now I am not bitter about it but it is true.

Our Fathers have a huge influence in our lives. The image of our fathers as we are growing up has a direct influence on how we relate to our heavenly father. My daddy's words were not often positive. I rarely remember when he said much of anything positive. I have tried.

When it comes to my relationship with God, the Father, there was a time when I struggled with the idea that He could ever accept me. It was His Word -- His words -- that changed my view of our relationship! Galatians 2:20 changed the way I live my life. I heard those words straight from the Father, accepted the truth of the verse in love and was set on a path of change that would revolutionize my home life and my ministry. I listened to the loving Word of God!

This Sunday on Father's Day I will be preaching a message called: "Honoring God's Word." My prayer is that our church family will hear the word of the loving Father calling to them in their most inner parts!

No comments: