Monday, March 24, 2008

An Amazing Revelation

I realize that it has been quite a while since I posted to my blog. To be honest, I usually posted late at night after everything was done for the day. It was a good time because I was usually up late and there was not much on TV that I wanted to watch. Lately, I have not even had that time to write and again, to be honest, it has been kind of hard to focus on somthing that I have been taking so seriously. However today has been different.

Have you ever had God speak to you so clearly that you just know that it is Him? God gave me an AMAZING REVELATION this morning as I drove into Sylacauga.

I had been praying for Debbie just about the whole way to the office this morning! As I was praying for her, God began to remind me of what He has given me "in her." I began to realize just how much I depend on her and God clearly told me something.

Here is what God helped me to understand:

Clearly, I do not deserve to have such a wonderful wife. She is constantly encouraging me, praying for me and standing with me through this transition time in our lives. By transition, I mean the adjustment we are making to the new ministry in Sylacauga. It has been quite a change. We miss our kids and grandkids more than words can say. We still have a house for sell in Georgia which is becoming a major burdon. This has just been a huge adjustment for us both.

Debbie has kept her promises to me. When I went into the ministry she said that she would go anywhere that God leads us. She has. He has lead us through good times, bad times, wilderness times, exciting times and every step of the way she has been there. She has given up so much so that I could follow the call of God. She gave up on college, career and so much more. God said, "look at what I gave you -- I have blessed you!" He was right. My wife is a treasure and I am not sure I have done a good job expressing that to her. As Proverbs 31 says -- her worth is far above rubies!

No comments: