Friday, March 7, 2008

Amazing Grace!

For those of you who know my testimony you know that God brought me to a place of brokenness in 1999. I had come to a place of frustration in my walk with God. It was an exciting time in my ministry because the church I was pastoring at the time was exploding with growth in every way. However, I was empty. It was not the kind of emptiness I esperienced before I knew Christ. It was more of a frustration with my walk with God. It was during that time that I experienced what it really meant to know God's amazing grace. It was during that time that I realized that it was not about, but all about Jesus.

It will be my goal during the next few days to share the truth concerning the grace of God.

There are many definitions of God's grace. During my next blog entry I will try to convey the true definition of God's grace. Consider what Paul said in Romans:

"But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. " Romans 11:6

For me to understand God's grace meant that I had to accept this truth: My acceptance, my worth, my relationship is God is not based on anything I do. God is much more interested in "who" I am and 'WHOSE' I am!

Be sure to check back to read more about this great journey. I can't wait to share it with you!

No comments: