Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Journals -- a real journey!

I started journaling my quiet times/prayer times/personal Bible study times with God several years ago. I am not very disciplined about keeping them going for great lengths of time, but I do have journals that go back to 1993.

As you know, I am recovering from this surgery and have had quite a few hours of down time. I decided that I would take the time to start at the beginning of the journals and read through every day that I have recorded. I have been doing some real soul searching lately and I wanted to take a look back at my ministry and see some things that God has taught me through the years. The result of this reading is a list of several things that God has shown me. I am calling the list -- "Things I Know." I am not going to publish the list because some of the things on the list are very personal and just between God and me.

The point of this entry is simply to encourage all of you who read this jorunal to start keeping a journal. It will amaze you as you read your prayer requests, Bible study notes and the things that God has taught you. If one good thing has come out of this surgery it was the down time to just lay back and read in the journals. I wish there was a way to publish these blogs in a keepable format. The journals I read were all hand written. Writing a blog goes much quicker.

By the way -- many have wanting to know how I am doing. I am on target for recovery. The nurse told me today that everything should be back to normal within 10 days. I am not a good patient -- I am not patient at all! Thanks for all of your prayers, calls and emails. They have been very encouraging.

No comments: