Sunday, April 20, 2008

Blessings!

God goes to alot of trouble to bless me. His blessings are overwhelming sometimes! Today, at the end of this day I am just amazed at how many blessings God has given to me today. There is a great old hymn called, "Count Your Blessings." There is a line in the hymn that says "name them one by one." You know...I don't do that enough. I don't count my blessings enough. Well this evening I want to count some of them.
1. Someone surprised me at church with a still warm banana pudding!
2. Someone left a gift certificate on my desk for Bluebell ice cream.
3. Someone wrote me an awesome encouragement card. It was a keeper.
4. I preached 3 times today.
5. I had dinner with friends after church tonight.
6. I could go on and on...these are just a few of the blessings. There are so man more!

These may seem like "little" things to you, but they are huge to me! God reminded me tonight that He is showing His love to me in a variety of ways. He is so good to me! How about you...have you stopped and counted your blessings lately! Count them one by one.....then will surprise you what the Lord has done!

1 comment:

Kevin Maples said...

Did you realize the top two items on your list were both food? Only a preacher :). (Of course it takes one to know one).